The IFSB Announces the Speakers for its Global Summit 2017
Date posted: 7 September 2017
6 September 2017, Kuala Lumpur – The IFSB Summit 2017 on 22 – 24 October 2017 in Abu Dhabi, UAE, will see a distinguished line-up of the key global players and thought leaders, from among the regulators. Multilaterals market players and other stakeholders of the Islamic financial services industry, taking the stage to discuss the theme “Reinvigorating the Momentum of Islamic Finance: Solidifying Resilience and Sustaining Growth”.
Led by the Summit Host, H.E. Mubarak Rashed Al Mansoori, Governor of Central Bank of United Arab Emirates (CBUAE), the speakers who have confirmed their participation in the Summit 2017 include:
- H.E. Dr. Abdulrahman Bin Abdullah Al Hamidy, Director General and Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors, Arab Monetary Fund
- H.E. Jameel Ahmad, Deputy Governor, Financial Markets, Islamic Banking and Special Initiatives, State Bank of Pakistan
- H.E. Chuchi G. Fonacier, Deputy Governor, Supervision and Examination Sector, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- Dr. Fahad Alshathri, Deputy Governor for Research and International Affairs, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
- Khalid Hamad Abdul-Rahman Hamad, Executive Director - Banking Supervision, Central Bank of Bahrain
- Jaseem Ahmed, Former Secretary-General, Islamic Financial Services Board
- Zahid ur Rehman Khokher, Acting Secretary-General, Islamic Financial Services Board
- Dr. Obaid Al Zaabi, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Securities and Commodities Authority, UAE
- Dr. Zamir Iqbal, Vice President Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Islamic Development Bank
- Prof. Dr. Mohamad Azmi Omar, Director General, Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), Islamic Development Bank Group
- Ghiath Shabsigh, Assistant Director, Monetary and Capital Markets Department, International Monitory Fund
- Luke Ombara, Director, Regulatory Policy and Strategy, Capital Markets Authority, Kenya
- James O’Brien, Head of Regulatory Development, Central Bank of UAE,
- Robert Scharfe, Chief Executive Officer, Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- Dr. Mohamed Damak, Senior Director, Global Head of Islamic Finance, S&P Global Ratings, UAE
- Mustafa Serdar Bosca, Principal, The Boston Consulting Group, UAE
- Dr. Osaid Kilani, Head of Sharia Department, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, UAE
The IFSB Summit has been organised regularly since 2004 in major cities of different regions. The Summit is designed to allow a higher-level interaction among the delegates to explore the implications of the evolving global economic and financial environment on the IFSI. It seeks to raise awareness on the emerging challenges in the resilience and stability of the IFSI while discussing measures to reinvigorate growth momentum along with supportive policy reforms. The Summit welcomes high-level participants from regulatory and supervisory authorities, institutions offering Islamic financial services, international organisations, multilateral development banks, academics, Sharīʻah scholars and all other interested parties.
Among the topics that will be discussed during the Summit are:
- Panel Discussion on “Islamic Finance: From Niche to Mainstream”
- The FinTech Innovative Progression: Boon or Bane for Traditional Financial Institutions.
- Implementing New Regulatory Reforms: Balancing Between the Soundness and Competitiveness of IIFS
- Islamic Capital Markets: Towards Greater Harmonisation in Cross Border Activities
- The Way Forward for Islamic Finance: Strengthening Value Proposition, Sustaining Resilience
For more information on the IFSB Summit 2017 and to register your participation, please visit the Summit website, www.ifsbsummit2017.com.
Back to top