Events & Activities > Event Details
|Name||:||[EVE00520] IFSB Conference 2021: Financial Stability in the Digital Era and its Implications for Islamic Economics and Finance|
IFSB members and non-members (RSA, market players, scholars and academics)
The progress of digital transformation has accelerated in the midst of pandemic due to rising digitalization trend. Some central banks have conducted assessments and exercises on pros and cons of digital transformation in the regulators policies and initiatives particularly to maintain the financial system stability, economic transaction and increase the policy impacts to the real sectors including the Islamic finance. The focuses are mainly on: (i) can the central bank digital transformation perform a better economic policy transformation mechanism in the digital era? (ii) how can the economic policies (fiscal, monetary, finance, etc) be relied on and applied in the digital era? (iii) how is the financial stability framework and mechanism be maintained by adopting the central bank digital transformation? (iv) how is Sharia view and thought on some digital initiatives applied by the regulators? (v) and other central bank strategic policies and digital transformation issues can also be deliberated and shared in the event.
The conference intends to elaborate and possibly gains consensus among policy makers, experts and sharia scholars on the issues and ideas of the digital transformation in the policy, market practices and Sharia initiative. Representatives from the central banks, international standard setting bodies, industry players and sharia scholars among resource persons in the event. The expected outcomes of the event are: (a) comprehensive understanding and thought on digital transformation from regulatory perspectives (central bank, financial regulators) mainly its financial and economic impacts, policy responses and financial (b) discussions from the market and industry players on some applications of digital transformation in financial transactions (crypto asset trading, bitcoin, etc) (c) knowing the Sharia views and thoughts on digital initiatives in the payment system, financial market transactions, banking system, etc mainly with the issues of Riba, gharar and maysir (speculation) in the digital transaction.
Following are the overall programme approaches:
- Explanation and elaboration of the issue, policy, market experiences and Sharia thoughts from the speakers (policy makers, market players and sharia scholars).
- Interactive discussion, debate, pros and cons opinions on the topic among speakers and limited (by invitation) audience.
- Conclusions or pre-requisite consensus on the issues being discussed.
- Suggestions on policy responses or market responses on the issues.
|Start Date||:||28/10/2021||End Date||:||28/10/2021|
Programme - Event Session(s)
|00:00 - 00:00
|13:00 - 13:30
Registration and Opening by Master of Ceremony
|13:30 - 14:00
Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
Opening Remarks : Dr. Bello Danbatta, Secretary-General, IFSB
Keynote Speech : Dr. Wimboh Santoso, Chairman, Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK)
|14:00 - 15:00
Session 1: Central Bank Digital Transformation: Policy Responses and Financial System Stability
- Central bank views, assessments and thought on central bank digital transformation particularly in relation to financial system stability, economic transaction and impacts on the real sectors
- Policy responses on central bank digital transformation: policy transformation, financial market and payment system policies.
- Central bank strategic policies in shaping financial industry and payment system in the digital era.
- Possible adoption with adjustments and modification with respect to the jurisdiction’s economic condition and policy measures.
|15:00 - 16:00
Session 2: Financial Market and Industry Views, Assessments, and Shari’ah Thoughts on Digital Transformation in the Islamic Business and Economic Transactions
- Financial market dan banking responses on the current cases of the digital transactions such as digital payment, digital financial market transactions, digital financing, etc.
- Possible impacts of digital transformation in the Islamic economic and financial transactions: contract, trading, investor and customer protection, risk assessment, etc.
- Changing in the financial market and banking treatments and rules on digital transaction in the digital era.
|16:00 - 16:15
Q & A Session
| Disclaimer: Please be advised that the above mentioned agenda points are tentative and that the IFSB reserves the right to make any necessary amendments/changes to the programme without prior notification.|
*Note: Click Document Name to view/download document
Back to top