The IFSB Council Appoints New Technical Committee of the IFSB
Date posted: 9 June 2021
9 June 2021, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – The Council of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) today at its 38th meeting resolved to approve the appointment of a new Technical Committee of the IFSB for a three-year term June 2021 – May 2024. The IFSB Technical Committee is the body responsible for advising and making recommendations to the Council on technical issues, including presenting draft prudential and supervisory standards and guidance, reviewing the findings and progress of the IFSB working groups and standards implementation initiatives as well as approving IFSB research papers. As per IFSB Articles of Agreement, the Technical Committee shall consist of up to thirty persons representing the Full Members of the IFSB. The new appointments of the IFSB Technical Committee take effect on 9 June 2021.
H.E. Dr. Fahad Alshathri, Deputy Governor, Saudi Central Bank was appointed as the Chairman of the Technical Committee and Mr. Saud Al Busaidi, Manager, Islamic Banking Department, Central Bank of Oman has been appointed as Deputy Chairman of the Technical Committee.
The list of Technical Committee members is as follows:
- Islamic Development Bank: Dr. Gaffar A. Khalid, Manager
- Central Bank of Bahrain: Mrs. Shireen Al Sayed, Head, Regulatory Policy Unit
- Bangladesh Bank: Mr. Md. Nazrul Islam, General Manager
- Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam: Haji Muhammad Shukri bin Haji Ahmad, Principal Syariah Adviser
- Bank Indonesia: Dr. Jardine A. Husman, Deputy Director
- Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan): Deden Firman Hendarsyah, Director of Islamic Banking Regulation and Licensing
- Securities and Exchange Organization, Iran: Dr. Jafar Jamali, Board Member and Deputy for Legal Affairs
- Central Bank of Iraq: Ahmed Yousif Kadhim, Assistant Manager, Islamic Finance Division
- Central Bank of Jordan: Mr. Adnan Y. Naji, Consultant of the Banks Supervision Dept.
- Astana Financial Services Authority: Mr. Anuar Kaliyev, Director, Prudential Division
- Central Bank of Libya: Assist. Prof. Dr. Haj, Ali Abusalah Elmabrok Amreeghah, Head, International Economics Division
- Bank Negara Malaysia: Mrs. Madelena Mohamed, Director, Islamic Banking & Takaful Dept.,
- Securities Commission Malaysia: Mrs. Sharifatul Hanizah Said Ali, Executive Director
- Central Bank of Nigeria: Mr. Ibrahim Sani Tukur, Deputy Director and Head Non-Interest Banking Unit/FRACE
- Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation: Dr. Mohammed Waziri Galadima, Analyst, Insurance and Surveillance Department
- Central Bank of Oman: Mr. Saud Al Busaidi, Manager (Director equivalent), Islamic Banking Department
- Qatar Central Bank: Mr. Hisham Saleh Al-Mannai, Executive Director, Supervision & Control of Financial Institutions Sector
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority: Dr. Fahad Alshathri, Deputy Governor
- Capital Market Authority, Saudi Arabia: Mr. Abdulrahman Al-Hussayen, Head, Debt Public Offering Unit
- Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, Republic of Turkey: Mr. Ömer Çekin, Head, Participation Banking Department
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey: Dr. Yusuf Bora Enhoş, Executive Director, Banking and Financial Institutions Department
- Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates: Mr. Abdulaziz Saoud Al-Mualla, Manager, Higher Sharia Authority
The 38th meeting of the IFSB Council, hosted by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates was held on 9 June 2021 via online as part of the 2021 Annual meetings of the IFSB. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Khaled Mohamed Balama, Governor of the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates, and Chairman of the IFSB Council 2021, The meeting was attended by the Central Bank Governors, Deputy Governors, Heads of regulatory and supervisory authorities, senior representatives from among the Council and Full members of the IFSB, representing 18 countries and Islamic Development Bank.
The 38th Meeting of the IFSB Council was followed by the 19th IFSB General Assembly.
Back to top